Senate Aging and Youth, Senate Health and Human Services, Senate Appropriations, Senate Intergovernmental Committees and Senate Philadelphia Delegation
Examining the Proposed Consolidation of the Departments of Aging, Drug and Alcohol Programs, Health, and Human Services
May 18, 2017
Plumbers Local 690 Union Hall
12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
12:00 p.m. – 12:05 p.m.
- Committee Chairs
12:05 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Panel I – Public Health
- Michelle Williams – Senior Managing Director of Integrated Health Services, Philadelphia Public Health Management Corporation
- Dr. Maria Daly – Program Manager, Rittenhouse Women’s Health Center
- Matthew Thomer – Consumer of Department of Health-funded services, Tourette Syndrome Alliance
1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Panel II – Addiction Treatment Services
- Michael Harle – President/CEO, Gaudenzia, Inc.
- Mel Wells – President, One Day at a Time
- Roland Lamb – Deputy Commissioner for the Department of Behavioral Health and Intellectual Disability Services, City of Philadelphia
1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Panel III – HCBS for Individuals with Disabilities Under 60
- Nicole Pruitt – Program Director, Inglis Adult Day Program; Secretary, PA Association of Adult Day Service Providers; Member, Long Term Care Council
- Nancy Salandra – Director of Independent Living Services, Liberty Resources
2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Panel IV – Aging Advocacy
- Pamela Walz, Esq. – Co-Director of the Aging and Disabilities Unit, Community Legal Services of Philadelphia
- Diane Menio – Executive Director, Center for Advocacy for the Rights and Interests of the Elderly (CARIE); Member, Long Term Care Council
- Hechie Zinman – Chair of the Board of Directors, LGBT Elder Initiative; Member, Long Term Care Council
2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Panel V – Aging Services